Initiative: Eau is looking for an individual to support the organization’s overall functioning through facile French language skills. We are looking for a determined, self-motivated, and detail-oriented individual that is interested in helping a small nonprofit grow and define itself and can translate both written and verbal French into English, and vice versa.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Translate official documents such as the bylaws, policies and press releases;
- Support French compatibility of website and all data services;
- Aid in organization and publicity of organization events; and,
- Collaborate with other team members to complete translation and interpretation projects.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English;
- Displays exceptional time-management and organizational skills; meets specific deadlines;
- Must be a flexible, self-motivated team player as we work internationally and remotely;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite; and,
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email or through letters.
- This is a volunteer position;
- This position requires commitment until May 2018, for approximately 5-10 hours per week (will vary);
- Work will be done remotely with regular phone and in-person check-ins (if possible); and,
- The Translator will report to the CEO and Director of Strategic Alliances.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 24 November 2017 at 23:59 EST.
Email current résumé/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.