Initiative: Eau is looking for driven, accomplished individuals to serve on our Board of Directors. The Board supports the work of Initiative: Eau and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Specific Director responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as he develops and implements Initaitive: Eau’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Initiative: Eau for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving Initiative: Eau’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing Initiative: Eau to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring Initiative: Eau’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities Initaitve: Eau serves
Initiative: Eau Board Members will consider Initiative: Eau a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that Initiative: Eau can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, Initiative: Eau expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity and is at least 500 $USD.
Initiative: Eau’s Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment. Board meetings will be held semiannually and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Initiative: Eau’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of Initiative: Eau’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Initiative: Eau’s beneficiaries
Service on Initiative: Eau’s Board of Directors is without remuneration.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 August 2018 at 23:59 EDT
Email current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.